Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Night Dinner

Sundays for me are a night of relaxing, cleaning and getting ready for the week to come. It is also usually a time when I have time to cook a good dinner. Since it is summer and had just gotten back from a weekend away indulging in foods like bacon and cupcakes, I needed something light and easy. I also had mint and parsley left over from a previous meal that I wanted to use up.

Lemon-Mint Chicken
2 Thin-Sliced Chicken Breasts
2 Lemons (Sliced)
3 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
1 tbs butter
3 tbs olive oil
1/4 fresh mint (about a handful)
salt/pepper

Preheat oven to 350F. In the bottom of a oven safe pan (I used a Pyrex) place half of the lemon slices to cover the bottom. Place half of the mint and garlic on top of the lemon slices. Lay chicken on top of mint, garlic and lemons. Season with salt and pepper. Place the remaining mint and garlic on top of the chicken. Finish off with the remaining lemon slices. Pour the olive oil over the chicken. Cut the butter in to small pieces and sprinkle throughout. Bake in oven at 350F for 30 minutes.

I also like to do these as a foil pack, just place all the ingredients on foil, wrap it up and cook in the oven for the same amount of time.

Couscous Tabbouleh
1/2 c couscous
1/2 c Water
1 tbs Butter
1 tbs Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/4 c chopped parsley
1/4 c chopped mint
2 tomatoes seeded and chopped
Salt

Boil water with butter. When water is rapidly boiling stir in couscous. Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes. Stir to fluff. Stir in remaining ingredients and place in refrigerator to cool for 20 minutes.

Since I always have a vegetable with my dinners I steamed some broccoli, and melted some butter with the juice of half of a lemon to pour on top.

The Finished Product: