Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rotisserie Chicken Night #2

Rotisserie Chicken and Heirloom Tomato Sandwich
I just created this tonight after having a sandwich with similar flavors this weekend. Who can resist the taste of Heirloom Tomatoes and Goat Cheese, and since I had the chicken from Sunday night, it just made since to add that in there as well. To go with it I made a simple green salad with my favorite Dijon-Lemon Dressing. A couple notes: I like to use Pugliese Bread for its light flavor, and it is also a little sturdier than other breads and toasts perfectly. I have also found that for cheese, Trader Joes is the best when you don’t need anything too fancy, but still want it to be good, and of course it is cheapest there!

2 slices Pugliese Bread
1 oz Goat Cheese
Shredded Chicken
1 Heirloom Tomato - sliced
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
3 Sprigs Fresh Basil
Mixed Greens
Spread the Goat Cheese on both pieces of toast. Place chicken on one side of toast and sprinkle Balsamic Vinegar on the other side. Toast in Toaster Oven on Medium-High for approximately 3 minutes. Add Basil, Tomato and Mixed Greens.

Dijon- Lemon Vinaigrette
This is my go to Salad Dressing, I like that it isn’t a typical Balsamic Dressing, it doesn’t leave your lettuce tasting bland, but it still light at the same time.
2 tbs chopped shallots
Juice from ½ lemon
¼ c Olive Oil
2 tbs White Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbs Dijon Mustard
Salt/Pepper
Mix together all of the ingredients and add to your favorite salad!